In the group Hybrid atom-ion quantum systems, we study mixtures of cold neutral atoms interacting with trapped ions. Our research group started on December 1 2013.
- May 2016: First lithium MOT
- March 2016: Our experiment moved to the University of Amsterdam
- February 2016: New preprint out
- October 2015: Norman Ewald started his PhD
- July 2015: First ions observed in our trap
- June 2015: A new publication on quantum simulation with 2D ion crystals in NJP
- April 2015: Thomas Secker joined our group as a master student
- October 2014: New publication in Phys. Rev. B.
- June 2014: New publication in Phys. Rev. A.
- May 2014: Henning Fürst joined our group as a PhD student
- April 2014: Norman Ewald joined our group as a master student
- April 2014: New preprint out!
- December 2013: Jannis Joger started his PhD.
- December 2013: Start of the project.
- Juli 2013: Rene Gerritsma received an ERC starting grant for studying Hybrid systems of neutral lithium atoms and ytterbium ions. Read more